Date: 6th November 2011 at 3:03pm
Written by:

League two round-up: 5th November 2011

The latest weekend of the football league season has been and gone, the npower league two is rounded-up in this article.

Accrington 2-1 Bristol Rovers
Accrington ended the game with only 10-men but it did not stop them from beating Bristol Rovers.

First half goals from Evans (5) and Long (30) had Accrington in control; although Bristol Rovers did put one back through Anyinsah (48) early in the second half. This was not enough and despite having Murphy (90+6) sent off deep into injury-time the host won 2-1.

AFC Wimbledon 1-1 Barnet
AFC Wimbledon had to be content with a point following a home draw with Barnet.

The hosts would have been favourites to beat the struggling visitors although it was they that went ahead when McLeod (45+2) sent Barnet into the break with the lead after an injury-time goal. S Moore (63) gave Wimbledon a 1-1 draw though when he levelled just after the hour.

Bradford 0-1 Cheltenham
Cheltenham came away from Bradford with the points after a 1-0 win.

An early first half goal from Mohamed (8) was enough to give the visiting Cheltenham a narrow win.

Burton 1-0 Macclesfield
Burton recovered from a disappointing midweek defeat to record a 1-0 home win over Macclesfield.

Kee’s (11) goal for Burton early in the first half was all that separated the sides.

Macclesfield played most of the second half with only 10-men though after Mukendi (47) saw red.

Crewe 0-3 Torquay
Torquay came away from Crewe with an impressive victory to extend their unbeaten run.

Howe (9) sent Torquay into the half time break with a 1-0 lead before two goals in 15 second half minutes from Mansell (53) and Bodin (68) secured the visitors a 3-0 win.

Dagenham 0-2 Shrewsbury
One early and one late goal, in either half, was enough to give Shrewsbury a win at Dagenham.

Gornell (6) gave Shrewsbury that early lead but then they had Wallace (25) sent off so played the remainder of the game with only 10-men. Despite this Dagenham could not force an equaliser and also had a player sent off deep into injury-time when Doe (90+5) saw red. A Collins (90+5) penalty then secured a 2-0 win.

Gillingham 4-3 Northampton
Gillingham eventually, with a last gasp goal, edged a seven-goal thriller to beat Northampton.

A double from Kuffour (11 & 30) had Gillingham in control but Berahino (35) pulled one back for Northampton to give them hope. Kuffour (45+1) completed a first half hat-trick in injury-time though to restore the two-goal cushion.

Langmead (54) got the visitors back into the game again before Berahino (60) struck again to make it 3-3.

With a draw seeming odds on Kedwell (90+1) kept his nerve to convert an injury-time penalty and give the hosts a 4-3 win.

Hereford 1-1 Crawley
Hereford secured an impressive point against high-flying Crawley, but having been ahead the hosts will probably rue not collecting all three points.

Barkhuizen (9) gave Hereford the lead, which they looked as though they would hold going into the half time break. Drury (41) struck though to see the points shared in a 1-1 draw.

Plymouth 1-1 Morecambe
Plymouth were denied a crucial victory by a last gasp Morecambe equaliser at Home Park.

A first half Walton (31) goal looked to have given the hosts a much needed win but deep into injury-time Fenton (90+4) gave Morecambe a 1-1 draw when he struck.

Port Vale 0-2 Swindon
Swindon went to Port Vale and came away with the points after a 2-0 win.

A first half goal from Magera (25) was added to with another in the second half from Kerrouche (49), when he scored from the penalty spot.

Rotherham 2-0 Aldershot
Aldershot ended with 10-men at Rotherham, although the hosts were already on course for victory before the sending off.

Grabban (14) and Holroyd (41) both struck in the first half to secure a 2-0 win. Warner’s (55) second half sending off for Aldershot pretty much ended any chances of a fightback.

Southend 2-1 Oxford
Southend retained their lead at the top of the league two table with a home win over Oxford.

In first half injury-time Phillips (45+2) gave Southend the lead but Oxford levelled just after the hour when Batt (62) scored. The hosts were not to be denied though as Hall (67) secured a 2-1 win with the winning goal shortly after.

Vital Football are currently looking for a site editor for this site.

Have you got the passion for your club? Are you over 18? Do you have experience in writing news and match reports? Or have you got a site that you want to move over to this exciting new network with free hosting and a content managed system on offer?

If so you could be just what we are looking for!

Apply To Be A Site Editor

You don’t have to be a site editor to contribute, if you have something to say on your club, simply submit it via the suggest an article link in the right hand side column.

For more information contact Jonathan on, and/or click on the advert above.